The NFL Draft is just under three hours away, so I’ll make my stab at a mock draft which will be 90-95% wrong. Enjoy!
1. Colts- Andrew Luck- QB- Stanford
2. Redskins- Robert Griffin III- QB- Baylor
3. Vikings- Morris Claiborne- CB- LSU
4. Browns- Trent Richardson- RB- Alabama
5. Buccaneers- Matt Kalil- OT- USC
6. Rams- Justin Blackmon- WR- Oklahoma State
7. Jaguars- Fletcher Cox- DT- Mississippi State
8. Dolphins- Ryan Tannehill- QB- Texas A&M
9. Panthers- Quinton Coples- DE- North Carolina
10. Bills- Luke Kuechley- LB- Boston College
11. Chiefs- Mark Barron- S- Alabama
12. Seahawks- Melvin Ingram- DE- South Carolina
13. Cardinals- Michael Floyd- WR- Notre Dame
14. Cowboys- Michael Brockers- DT- LSU
15. Eagles- Chandler Jones- DE- Syracuse
16. Jets- Whitney Mercilus- DE- Illinois
17. Bengals- Dre Kirkpatrick- CB- Alabama
18. Chargers- Riley Reiff- OT- Iowa
19. Bears- Nick Perry- DE- USC
20. Titans- Stephon Gilmore- CB- South Carolina
21. Bengals- David DeCastro- OG- Stanford
22. Browns- Stephen Hill- WR- Georgia Tech
23. Lions- Courtney Upshaw- LB- Alabama
24. Steelers- Dontari Poe- DT- Memphis
25. Broncos- Kendall Wright- WR- Baylor
26. Texans- Coby Fleener- TE- Stanford
27. Patriots- Shea McClellin- DE- Boise State
28. Packers- Amini Silatolu- OT- Midwestern State
29. Ravens- Dont’a Hightower- LB- Alabama
30. 49ers- Cordy Glenn- OT- Georgia
31. Patriots- Harrison Smith- S- Notre Dame
32. Giants- Doug Martin- RB- Boise State
DALLAS– By David Naxon
2012 NFL Mock Draft by David Naxon
- Colts- Andrew Luck- QB- Stanford
- Redskins- Robert Griffin III- QB- Baylor
- Vikings- Morris Claiborne- CB- LSU
- Browns- Trent Richardson- RB- Alabama
- Buccaneers- Matt Kalil- OT- USC
- Rams- Justin Blackmon- WR- Oklahoma State
- Jaguars- Fletcher Cox- DT- Mississippi State
- Dolphins- Ryan Tannehill- QB- Texas A&M
- Panthers- Mark Barron- S- Alabama
- Bills- Luke Kuechly- ILB- Boston College
- Chiefs- Melvin Ingram- DE- South Carolina
- Seahawks- David DeCastro- OG- Stanford
- Cardinals- Michael Floyd- WR- Notre Dame
- Cowboys- Quinton Coples- DE- North Carolina
- Eagles- Dont’a Hightower- ILB- Alabama
- Jets- Michael Brockers- DT- LSU
- Bengals- Riely Reiff- OT- Iowa
- Chargers- Dre Kirkpatrick- CB- Alabama
- Bears- Dontari Poe- DT- Memphis
- Titans- Stephon Gilmore- CB- South Carolina
- Bengals- Chandler Jones- DE- Syracuse
- Browns- Stephen Hill- WR- Georgia Tech
- Lions- TRADED TO PATRIOTS- Doug Martin- RB- Boise State
- Steelers – Courtney Upshaw- DE- Alabama
- Broncos- Coby Fleener- TE- Stanford
- Texans- Jerel Worthy- DT- Michigan State
- Patriots TRADED TO LIONS- Kendall Wright- WR- Baylor
- Packers- Whitney Mercilus- OLB- Nebraska
- Ravens- Shea McClellin- OLB- Boise State
- 49ers- Cordy Glenn- OT- Georgia
- Patriots- Harrison Smith- S- Notre Dame
- Giants- Mike Adams- OT- Ohio State
-Minnesota could still trade the third overall pick, possibly moving down to five or six to add an additional third rounder. The Vikings are currently deciding between T Matt Kalil, CB Morris Claiborne and WR Justin Blackmon. Buffalo could deal the fourth and 41st picks to the Vikings to move up and take Kalil, says the Cleveland Plain Dealer.
-Cleveland will draft either Trent Richardson or Justin Blackmon fourth, says the Cleveland Plain Dealer. If the Browns deal down to the Bills, they could take Michael Floyd or Ryan Tannehill 10th if they’re on the board. ESPN’s Bob Holtzman reports that the Browns will either select Richardson or Morris Claiborne and have ruled Blackmon out.
-The St. Louis Post-Dispatch goes through a lot of Rams scenarios, including the team trading down from the sixth overall pick.
-Miami wants a QB that will energize the fan base, says Yahoo! Sports. That will likely be Ryan Tannehill with the eighth pick. The Dolphins won’t trade up for Tannehill.
-Carolina will either take Justin Blackmon or defense with the 9th pick, says the Charlotte Observer. Blackmon will likely not get past the Rams at six and the Panthers could trade back. Quinton Coples could be the pick. They talked with CB Stephon Gilmore, but the Panthers don’t view him as a top-10 pick.
-It has become general knowledge that the Cowboys won’t be able to draft Alabama S Mark Barron with the 14th pick. ESPN’s Ed Werder now reports that Dallas has discussed a trade with Kansas City for the 11th pick and with San Diego to move down to the 18th pick. The Forth Worth Star-Telegram reports that the Cowboys have targeted Barron, Fletcher Cox, David DeCastro and Michael Brockers.
-Cincinnati will probably not package its two first-round picks, 17th and 21st, to Seattle for the 12th pick to take Boston College LB Luke Kuechly. There’s even a chance Tampa Bay picks Kuechly fifth. They could trade down with 21st. CB Stephon Gilmore probably won’t last to the Bengals and Alabama’s Dre Kirkpatrick could be the pick. Michael Brockers, Quinton Coples and Courtney Upshaw are other options.
-Chicago could take a DE with the 19th overall pick. Coples, Whitney Mercilus, Nick Perry, Courtney Upshaw, Chandler Jones or Shea McClellin could be options. DT, OL and WR are other options for the Bears, and you could see their options by clicking on the above link for some very good coverage from the Chicago Tribune.
-The Denver Broncos are willing to trade out of the first round, according to the Denver Post.
-A few possibilities for the Ravens include offensive linemen Peter Konz, Kevin Zeitler and DL Amini Silatolu. They could even trade up for OL Cordy Glenn. WR Stephen Hill could go to the Ravens at 29 or the 49ers at 30, says John Clayton.
-With Osi Umenyiora’s situation in flux, the Giants could take a DE like Chandler Jones, Nick Perry, Whitney Mercilus or Andre Branch with the 32nd pick.